Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!

I finished Packing For Mars by Mary Roach.  It was a great read: fun, fast-paced, informative!  The only problem was that I couldn't read parts of it while eating.  The sanitary challenges of being an astronaut are rather disturbing.  On the whole, actually, I was surprised by how much it makes me NOT want to ever be an astronaut, ever ever ever.  I used to think I would LOVE to go to Mars, but for the fact that I'm a little claustrophobic.  Now I realize claustrophobia would be the least of my problems.  I'll leave it at that.

Should you read it?  If you are interested in space travel, or just popular science in general, then yes.  She's an engaging, inquisitive writer.  If you're super-easily grossed out, though, you may want to skip a few chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment