Friday, June 17, 2011

Back to it

Ooo, it's been awhile since I've updated, and I've read a lot of books.  Most recently I finished a young adult book called Celine by Brock Cole.  It came out in 1989.  It was recommended to me by Claire Zulkey, the author of another great young adult book that I read last year, An Off Year.

Celine Morienval is a teenage artist living in Chicago with her step-mother (who is only six years older than her).  The book covers about a week in her life, as she goes to a terrible party, destroys some of her art and begins a new project, befriends a little boy and gets a crush on his father, and deals, just a little, with how hurt she is that her actual mother doesn't want her around.  There's a lot in it, it's messy like real life, and it's awesome.

Now, I'm going to play some softball.

No comments:

Post a Comment