Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Farm Animal Information

Two things:

First of all, I'm still plugging away at Bill Bryson's At Home.  It's very interesting but not especially un-put-down-able, since it's nonfiction and broken up into different topics.  Also, I'm concurrently reading Nathan Rabin's My Year of Flops, which is based on his AV Club column of the same name.  He spent a year watching movies that did abysmally at the box office, and reported about them.  There are some secret gems that needed to be rediscovered, and there are definitely some movies so terrible it's hard to believe they're real.  It's an entertaining read - though again, it's broken up into small sections and is not particularly un-put-down-able.


Getting back to farm animals, I just learned from At Home that until the beginning of the 1900s Central Park had a flock of sheep to keep the grass under control! They'd just wander around! How cute is that?

Also, UW-Platteville has a working farm, and they've recently added a brush for the cows.  Read this article about it; it's adorable. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the sheep idea. I really should do that for my Shelties!

    ReplyDelete