Monday, April 5, 2010

Another one bites the dust

I finished We Have Always Lived in the Castle this morning instead of grading papers, which meant I had to grade while out watching the White Sox season opener (5-0 good guys).  It was less than ideal, but hey, books have to be read.

I liked it a lot.  It had a really unsettling tone, and I spent the whole time waiting for answers and dreading what would happen.  But I wanted a bit more.  Yes, I got answers, but I really wanted one character's motivation for something, unless I somehow missed it.  (Sorry for being vague, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers.)

Should you read it? If you like creepy stuff, sure.  It's a really quick read.  And then maybe you and I can discuss whether things at the end were clear or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment