Friday, May 14, 2010

Bridget Jones

I just re-read Bridget Jones's Diary while trying to decide what new book to read next.  I have to go to the library today, so I may pick up a new one then.  As far as Bridget Jones, it's always a good book to read if you want to feel better about your own life.  Any neurotic things I do pale in comparison to Bridget's behavior.

Today while eating lunch I began a re-read of the sequel (Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason), which is hilarious.  It's a book, however, best read in small doses.  For some reason her crazy thoughts about life and romance and relationships seem to stick in my head a bit too much if I devour the book a couple hours at a time.

I recommend both of them without hesitation - they're so funny and spot-on with the characters' behavior and observations.  Just always keep in mind that they're meant as humor, not to reflect any genuine good relationship advice.

1 comment: