Monday, May 10, 2010

The Freedom of Quitting

Oh, I don't like this Raymond Chandler book.  Maybe at some point I'll finish it, but for now, I'm done.  It's not too long, and it's wayyyyy better than that Dan Simmons book I struggled with a couple of months ago, but I still don't want to continue.  Life is finite.  Time to move on to something more interesting.

Speaking of quitting, I effectively gave up on my "Sleepyhead" scarf.  The ribbon was a lot stiffer than the knitted fabric, so it felt weird and wouldn't drape nicely, plus it wasn't as beautiful as I'd wanted it to be.  But I don't want to abandon the idea altogether.  I started knitting another scarf out of the same yarn (gray and white, made from recycled pop bottles) and am hoping I can turn it into something.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean... life IS finite. Sometimes you have to move on.

    ReplyDelete