Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Some time results, a book completed

According to this program, I have "distracted browsing" 85% of the time.  I've been on Firefox for about an hour and a half today.  Over forty minutes of it has been on the avclub.  I haven't tried to change my browsing practices, so that the data is a realistic picture of my typical habits. 

I finished The Master and Margarita!  It was okay.  Finishing it was like scratching through an item on a to-do list.  I felt grim determination to push through its end.  Should you read it? Eh.  I don't really recommend it.

Now I've started Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell.  It's an interesting set up - it's told in different sections that are all written in different genres.  The beginning is told as the journal of a nineteenth century explorer.  I read Black Swan Green and Number9Dream by Mitchell, and really enjoyed them both, so I'm looking forward to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment