Monday, March 14, 2011

Physics

Two things physics-related:

1. Today is Pi Day!  Pi is 3.14159.... so March 14th, aka 3/14, is the day to celebrate (particularly at 1:59 pm).  In Europe they must not have a Pi Day, since they write the day first, then the month.  I have some pie in my kitchen that I contemplated eating to celebrate, but have decided not to. Perhaps I should measure it instead.

2. I am on the front page of Northern Illinois University's (my alma mater) physics department website!  In their "News and Highlights" section, I'm noted for having some short stories published this year.  It's a pretty cool thing, and not why I would've guessed I'd appear on there when I was a student.
NIU's Physics Department

2 comments:

  1. Nope, we don't have a pi day here! I wish we did though, such a creative idea!

    http://ninety2wo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should start one! You could call it "American Pi Day," since it's based on how we write the date, and then play that "American Pie" song by Don McLean. :)

    ReplyDelete