The current habit of me and my friends is for them to play New Super Mario Bros Wii while I watch and read Dutch fashion blogs (I'm usually too tired from work to want to play). Now when I hear the familiar Mario music, I start to think about clothes.
Probably as a direct result of this habit, I've been buying a lot of clothes. Over the last week I bought:
1. A maroon vintage late-seventies blouse
2. A pink vintage 1980s dress
3. Blue Converse low-tops
4. A Donna Morgan dress (I'd never heard of her. Got this at TJ Maxx for $40, then read online that it retails for about $180. Yay!)
5. An octopus necklace (This one is en route to me from the Netherlands. I found it for sale on one of the blogs I've been reading. Doesn't the octopus look menacing? Not enough jewelry is menacing.)
6. A pair of silver and maroon fake-cameo earrings.
7. A 1960s red and gold and black velvet dress that makes me look like I should host a variety show.
8. An AWESOME pink Eileen Fisher sweater-jacket. I got it at a sample sale. Apparently it will be manufactured in black, but never in pink. So mine is extra awesome.