Thursday, January 5, 2012

A dinner

I made "Pasta della Helen Werner" the other night, a dish named by me and invented by my sister, (you guessed it), Helen Werner.



Brown (pressed, cubed, extra-firm) tofu in a heated pan.  Brush it with a mixture of olive oil and spices of your choice (I used olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, pepper, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder), and turn it periodically.  Concurrently be cooking pasta.  After the tofu is starting to get a little crispy, add chopped up asparagus.  Cook it around.  Add the pasta, cook it some more.  Continue occasionally adding more of the olive oil mixture while doing all this. Serve it with avocado sliced on top.

There was something that sounded really weird to me about tofu and pasta together, but then I thought, hey, there are tons of pasta dishes served with grilled chicken, so why not?  Also, pasta and avocado seemed a little scary, but the authors of The Veganomicon, my favorite cookbook ever, assure me it's yummy.

And indeed it was!

1 comment:

  1. Glad it was yummy! I also threw in green beans, which were also tasty.

    ReplyDelete