Saturday, January 14, 2012

Restaurant, Book

Another idea: A Japanese/Mexican fusion restaurant called Tako Taco. (Tako is Japanese for octopus.)  Perhaps a cute cartoon octopus wearing a sombrero as the mascot?

Also, I am halfway through the book The City and The City by Chica Mieville.  I am absolutely fascinated by it.  I started it for a brand new book club a friend started, and I'm so glad I did.

Before I started reading it, I didn't realize that it was sort of sci-fi.  Sci-fi isn't quite the right word... There are two cities in Eastern Europe that are made up, where the action takes place, but otherwise the rest of the world is the same. The two cities, Beszel and Ul Quoma, are intermingled, geographically, but their citizens ignore ("unsee") each other.  There's some great made-up language, like "topologanger."


No comments:

Post a Comment