Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pasta, Squash, Sage

I made another tasty pasta dinner the other night. Normally my boyfriend and I eat a lot of rice, so this is somewhat unusual.

So this dish is a quick, fake version of a meal I had at an Italian restaurant last week. I had butternut squash ravioli with sage at the restaurant, but that's too hard for me to bother to make myself.  So instead I made penne pasta with diced butternut squash and sage. It was very tasty.



I cooked the pasta while in a separate pan sauteing the cubed squash and fresh sage leaves in Earth Balance fake butter, cinnamon, and chili powder.  Once the pasta was almost done, I mixed it with the squash etc., and cooked the whole mess together for a bit.

I felt like I added a ton of Earth Balance, and yet my dish was soooo much less buttery than the one I had at the restaurant.  I can only imagine how much butter they used there.

Oh yes, and credit to my mom for realizing the dish could be imitated at home.  Thanks, Mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment