Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Some Progress

The dresser is looking awesome (pics posted soon).  It's completely cleaned off, and now just needs to be sanded and then tack-clothed (I will have to find out what that means before I try to do it) and then have linseed oil rubbed on it.

As far as the book, not much progress.  I've been opening it up to read for a bit before I go to sleep, but I can only get through a page or two before my eyes start shutting.  The first section, as I said before, was pretty easy to follow.  Now it's just a bunch of interviews or short segments with several different people, all either talking about the two leaders of the visceral realists - Ulises Lima and Arturo Belano - or talking with them about a girl named Cesarea Tinajero.  It's hard to keep track of who's talking and what's going on when I'm only reading a page or two at a time.  

I think I need to ramp up my effort to get into this, or I'll never finish it.  I don't want to give up on reading it (two books given up upon this year is something of a record).

No comments:

Post a Comment